Woodstoves-turkey.com - Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the more frequentloy asked questions, if your question is not answered here please feel free so send in your enquiry to email@example.com we will be glad to help.
- What type of Stove can you supply ... ?
- What size of stove will I need ... ?
- Can I use my existing fire place and chimney ... ?
- What is the difference between a wood burner and a multi fuel stove ... ?
- Can I use a wood stove for central heating ... ?
- Can you advise me on which stove will be best for me ... ?
- I do not have a supplier near me - can I order a stove direct from you ... ?
- What product guarantees do I have if I buy a stove ... ?
- How and when do I pay for my stove ... ?
- If my stove arrives damaged what do I do ... ?
- How do I convert BTU to kW and vice versa ... ?
- Do you supply installation instructions ... ?
We can supply the following types of stoves:-
- Wood burning only stoves from 5kW to 14kW output.
- Wood burning/multi fuel stoves from 5kW to 14kW output.
- Wood burning /multi fuel boiler stoves suitable for central heating systems from 15kW to 25kW.
A range of popular wood burning/multi fuel & boiler/central heating stoves are always in stock.
The primary function of stove is to provide heat, therefore, the most important consideration when purchasing a stove is the heat requirements of the room/area it will be placed in.
As a rough guide:-
- Measure the room in metres - multiply length x width x height.
- Divide the total by 14 = the average heating requirements for the room/area in kilowatts.
This formula is assuming that the required room temperature is 20C with an outside temperature of 0C. Please bear in mind that this is for an average room/area. Factors such as the number of doors and windows, quality of insulation, geographical location etc. may increase or decrease the heating requirement.
Note: A stove that is too large may release too much heat, causing you to reduce the air supply into the stove - a practice that reduces the stove's efficiency, wastes fuel, and can cause safety and air pollution problems. Over sizing is therefore not recommended.
Of course you can use your existing fireplace and chimney to install a stove however these points should be considered:-
- Is the existing fireplace and chimney in good condition and suitable, a minimum chimney/flue height of 4m is recommended - if in doubt your chimney/flue should be inspected by a qualified person.
- The fireplace opening will usually require to be closed off with a register plate or by remodelling the fireplace.
- The chimney should be lined with the correct size flue liner for maximum efficiency, if flue gases are cooled to quickly then this will lower the efficiency of the stove.
- Care should be taken when installing to ensure minimum clearances are met - sides - back - top of stove and minimum distances to combustible materials.
- Consideration should also be given to safety if small children are present.
- A pure wood burning stove has no grate and wood is burnt on a flat bed of ashes with an overdraught of air. Ashes being removed as required from the fire bed. A layer of ashes should always remain in the firebox.
- A multi fuel stove is normally fitted with a riddling type grate and an ash pan to collect the ashes which fall through the grate. This type of stove may use both an under draught and an overdraught of air.
- Most modern wood burning and multi fuel stoves will be fitted with a secondary air intake designed to create a shield between the firebox and the glass ensuring the glass remains clean, with good view of the fire.
- If you are considering burning coal in a multi fuel stove it may be advisable to check with your local council as to what fuels are allowed to be burnt in your area.
- Yes- a range of boiler stoves are available for use with central heating or under floor heating, outputs ranging from 15kW to 25kW.
- We would recommend a full survey of any property prior to the installation of a boiler stove.
- Being the sole supplier and distributor of the UK's leading stove manufacturer in Turkey, we and our dealers are able to give you the best advice on the Arada range of products, installation and after-sales service that will satisfy your heating requirements.
- If you are considering installing central heating or under floor heating then the Stratford or Eco-Boiler range of boiler stoves would be the most suitable choice.
- Certainly - we can arrange delivery throughout Turkey, and all prices quoted include delivery and KDV (VAT).
- Please note - additional carriage charges may apply for delivery to remote locations.
- Normal Manufacturers' guarantees will be effective on any stove purchased through Woodstoves-turkey.com or our dealers in Turkey - provided the product is used in accordance with their recommendations - please see individual product guarantees for details.
- If a stove is purchased through one of our dealers then payment will be made direct to that dealer. For payment methods please contact the dealer direct.
- If a stove is purchased through Woodstoves-turkey.com direct payment to Woodstoves-turkey.com will normally be made. Woodstoves-turkey.com accepts Bank Transfer payments in GBP (Sterling) - Euros & Turkish Lira, payment may also be made in cash or by credit card, the following credit cards are accepted: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Woodstoves-turkey.com payment terms - Payment for stoves and any accessories, pipe work etc is due prior to installation or dispatch. Payment for any installation works is due on completion of those works.
- Non Stock Items - special order of non stock products will require a deposit payment of 33% at the time of placing an order, balance payable on delivery/dispatch.
- If your stove was ordered through Woodstoves-turkey.com and the damage is obvious at the time of delivery, a written report must be made in the presence of the carrier. Telephone Woodstoves-turkey.com on 0252 612 1144 (English spoken) immediately for further instructions.
- If your stove was ordered through Woodstoves-turkey.com and the damage was not obvious at the time of delivery telephone Woodstoves-turkey.com on 0252 612 11 44 (English spoken) for further instructions.
- If your stove was ordered through one of our dealers please contact the dealer direct.
- To convert BTU to kW simply multiply by 0.000293.
- To convert kW to BTU simply multiply by 3414.
- All Stoves supplied by Woodstoves-turkey.com and their dealers are supplied with a full set of installation instructions which also includes stove operating instructions.
- These can also be downloaded from the 'Learn More' product pages of our web site where available (.pdf download file).